Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Sweetie

Last Thursday Ben and I celebrated five years of marriage. We had a wonderful dinner and then a relaxing evening at Barnes and Noble enjoying the peace and quiet! He wrote me the sweetest love letter. Here is just a little part of it....

Where do I begin? The last five years have been incredible! I remember watching you walk down that aisle at Shirley Acres thinking that I was the luckiest man in the world. And to think that I love you more now than when I saw you that day...I am amazed at how God has blessed me...I find myself saying "That's why I married you" more and more these days...

Of course he made me cry! No gift needed after that...just a kleenex. Here is a very blurry picture from our wedding day.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

Happy late anniversary! I'm glad ya'll had some time to yourselves. We missed seeing you this weekend. We'll have to catch up this week!

Anonymous said...

Well I get the best friend of the year award...Considering that I called and thought you and Ben were just on your monthly date :) I think it is so great how you do that. Anyway, sorry I didn't remember. I suck.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay. Sorry we didn't talk about this at our lunch on Monday. Ben is very lucky to have you and I know how blessed you feel to be his wife!
Love you both.
Lisa

Carolyn said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you two got a quiet evening together, and what a sweet note! Love you.

Holly O'Quinn said...

Ben,
Thank you for loving Liz the way you do! Those are precious honoring words!

Kaylane said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it amazing that God is so good that He blessed you with a wonderful husband? I praise Him every day for that!

raenette said...

Very sweet. It sounds like you married an amazing man. I am so happy for you!

Raenette

Kristina said...

Awww....that is so sweet! Congrats on 5 years!