Friday, March 28, 2008

Walking

Kamryn started walking on Tuesday. She celebrated this event by eating her poop in the bathtub that evening. Nice.

She took her first two steps the day she turned 10 months old. Ben and I were both there to see that which was cool. Since then she has been working on walking more. Now she is taking four to five steps at a time. This kid makes me laugh because she is not cautious at all. She just gets up and goes and doesn't worry about falling. She thinks she can walk better than she can. Grant is always so careful about things but not this little girl.

So back to the eating poop thing...she was in the bathtub and I was sitting next to the tub. I turned around to put the wash cloth in the hamper and I heard her grunting so I looked in the tub and didn't see anything. I continued cleaning up the bathroom for a minute or so. When I turned back around she was holding a piece of poop and putting it in her mouth. She didn't actually swallow any that I know of but it was nasty none the less.

I am sure she will enjoy this story when she gets older!

12 comments:

Britney K said...

I think I may throw up. HA! So fun that she's movin! I love it. She is so sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is a good one. Be sure to keep that story for when she grows up! I love it!

Grammy Peg

Holly O'Quinn said...

Classic! I'm so excited she's walking! It's fun to watch them grow, but kind of sad huh?

Paula said...

I can't believe that precious little Kam would actually be a "poop eater". Yuck! She's still adorable!!! Love to watch her take off - sometimes head before the rest of her body. So cute!

Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see her walking around, I can't believe it! Oh, Brynley definitely tried to eat her SISTER'S poop when she was that age. I almost did throw up. :)

Diadra said...

Um, I think Ben did that too, as I recall...the nugget doesn't fall far from the bum, does it?

Love, Aunt Diadra

Kaylane said...

LOVE IT!!! Poop stories are the best! I keep waiting for that very thing to happen to us, but we have been pretty lucky so far!

Becky said...

So happy that Kamryn is walking. Man, she really needs to hang out with Maggie more. :o) And the poop stuff, well....it happens!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Yeah Kamryn...you are such a big girl! But seriously, eating poop? We are going to have a serious talk about this when I see you next:)

Britney K said...

LIZ! YOU WON A BLOG MAKEOVER! HOW FUN! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!

Amy Porter said...

It has been so long since I have sat down to catch up on blogs. Yours has made me laugh! I can't believe that Kamryn is walking! She needs to come teach Blake. He has taken a step, but that's it! He gets so frustrated that he can't do it yet, but I think if he would just let go and try he could cruise! Love the pics!!

raenette said...

Very cute that she is walking, but the poop grossed me out. WOW!!!